This article is useful for anyone wishing to set up a gCast Integration with Salesforce.
In this article:
To set up a gCast intergration with Salesforce, you must have an active Salesforce account. If you are unsure if you want a Salesforce account, sign up for a free demonstration account. For instructions on how to set up a demonstration account go to (Insert link to other how to article)
Any users who have access to their company gCast and Salesforce accounts.
- Login to salesforce and click on the Settings toggle on the right hand side.
- Click on the Settings toggle on the right hand side.
- Click on Setup
- On the Setup page scroll down and click on Apps. Go to App Manager.
5. Click on New Connected Apps on the right hand side of the page.
6. Enter the following information as it appears below. (Click "Enable OAuth Settings". Ensure call back URL is https://www.gcast.com.au/Core/Integration/IntegrationLogin.aspx or appropriate for the gCast environment you are using, Select all OAuth scopes) :
Type in the information as seen below, including adding all available OAuth Scopes.
7. Scroll down to view the settings for the app, here you will see the Consumer Key and click on the Consumer secret to reveal the consumer secret code. You will need these to set up the Salesforce Integration in gCast.
- If you ever need to view the Consumer Key and Secret, simply click on the settings toggle on the right top hand side your Salesforce page and select Setup.
2. On the panel to the left, click Apps. Here you can click on App Manager and go to Manage Connect Apps. Click on the arrow on the right hand side. A small dropdown menu will appear. Click on edit.
3. Scroll down to the end of the page and click save.
4. Now you will be able to see the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
- Only follow these steps after the gCast integration has been set up in Salesforce. You will need your Consumer Key and Consumer secret code to set up the Salesforce
- Ensure you have enabled pop ups in your browser.
- Login to your gCast account, go to Admin.
4. Scroll down to Demographics.
5. In demographics click demographics go to the Questions tab In demographics click demographics then go to the Questions tab.
6. Go to the Questions tab In demographics click demographics then go to the Questions tab.
7. Add new demographics based on the data you have in Salesforce. From Department to Job Title.
8. Once you have added all of your new demographic questions go back to Admin and scroll down to Data Integration.
9. Click create a new CRM Sync Instance.
10. In the new window, turn on the Salesforce Third Party Sync.
11. A pop window will appear. Enter in the key and consumer secret code as seen in your Salesforce account and click save.
12. You will then be asked for your Saleforce username and password to log into the account.
13. You will be asked to Allow Access. Click Allow.
14. Now you will need to map Salesforce data fields to your gCast demographics.
15. Click and drag the Salesforce fields into the center column next to the appropriate gCast demographic.
16. Once you have mapped all of your fields, click save.
17. Please allow up to 30 minutes for the first Salesforce integration to occur.
18. To check your Salesforce Integration go to back to the Data Integration page, click on the Salesforce Integration. Here you will be able to see your integration, how many members have been added and if there were any errors.
Other articles you might find useful: